Visual content reigns supreme in the realm of eCommerce and online retailers, captivating audiences and leaving a lasting impression. In a digital landscape brimming with competition, the power of striking visuals cannot be understated.
In the United States alone, eCommerce sales are expected to surpass $740 billion by 2023. With purchases happening online more than ever, brands that don’t adopt emerging technologies stand to fall behind their competition and lose customers to those with enhanced visual content.
From vibrant product images that showcase every detail to immersive videos that bring products to life, 3D produced visuals have the unrivalled ability to engage and entice potential customers and drive real results. A well-executed visual strategy can:
- Effectively communicate a brand's identity.
- Convey product features and benefits.
- Build trust with consumers.
These visuals play a pivotal role in marketing and sales, holding immense importance for businesses, especially when it comes to the imagery on their online shop and product pages. With the power to significantly influence consumer behaviour, 3D allows brands to explore a new world of creating stunning bedding and mattress visuals. When potential customers encounter visually appealing and unique content, they are more likely to be drawn in and develop a sense of trust and interest in the brand or product, and ultimately, make a purchase.
High-quality visuals enhance the perception of professionalism, reliability, and value, leading to increased customer engagement, higher conversion rates, and improved sales.
By presenting products in the best possible light, brands can effectively communicate their unique selling propositions, showcase features and benefits, and differentiate themselves from competitors.
Get the latest updates straight to your inbox.
The Top 8 Benefits Of Creating Visuals With 3D Technology
The benefits of creating bedding and mattress visuals with 3D are virtually endless, but, let’s break down our top picks:
1. Superior high-resolution imagery: 3D technology creates high-quality visuals like no other method can, allowing brands to showcase their products in a more appealing and realistic manner.
2. Streamlined time to market: Reduce the time it takes to bring new mattress and bedding fabric designs to the market with digital prototyping.
3. Reduced production hours: By utilizing digital prototyping and visualization, production hours can be reduced, leading to increased efficiency and cost savings.
4. Lower sampling costs: 3D eliminates the need for physical fabric samples, reducing sampling costs associated with producing and distributing physical samples.
5. Faster product development: Digital prototyping significantly reduces the time it takes to develop new products, as compared to traditional methods. Weeks and even months can be saved in the product development cycle.
6. Green initiatives: 3D technology contributes to environmental sustainability by minimizing the need for physical samples and enabling digital sharing of images. This reduces waste and promotes a more eco-friendly approach.
7. Accessorized lifestyle images and videos: Products can be showcased in fully accessorized lifestyle images and videos, saving time for the creative team and enabling them to focus on innovation and design.
8. Increased purchasing confidence: With the ability to create and display numerous fabric combinations using 360-degree product configurators, 3D enables your customers to engage with your product and feel 100% about their purchase.
As the old saying goes, the proof is in the pudding: Culp Home Fashions turned to imagine.io to help elevate their mattress business with engaging, high-quality visuals and found 3D technology exceeded their expectations.
How 3D Benefits Every Team
By creating 3D visuals with imagine.io bedding and mattress brands can help improve results across teams and job functions. From marketing to sales, 3D has proven to be a highly powerful tool that aids in gaining customers and selling products.
How 3D Helps Marketing Teams
- Create content quicker than ever before with our on-demand platform, either from scratch or choosing from thousands of curated templates.
- Create content that is aligned across every marketing channel in one place.
- With easy to use product configurators, give customers confidence in their purchase and flexibility to customize your product.
- Collaborate and share content within your team and throughout your company, clients or other stakeholders without having to download large files.
How 3D Helps Sales Teams
- Create engaging presentations that help you showcase products and sell.
- Capture attention and increase buyer confidence with 3D content that speaks for itself.
- Have your product line be fully digitized instead of carrying around bags of samples or shipping physical products to customers.
How 3D Helps IT Teams
- Our platform integrates with your tech stack seamlessly so you can start creating in 3D without additional heavy lifting.
- Increase operational efficiencies across each department
- Streamline and automate manual tasks that typically take months, in a matter of minutes!
- Reduce overhead costs by getting rid of systems that don’t speak to each other and additional tech and resources.
3D Visualization = More Sales
In the wild world of eCommerce, the customer calls the shots. We know that shoppers visiting online stores want to see products in a multitude of ways, showcasing every detail, so they can truly understand the product. 3D visualization allows you to create endless amounts of content that can be adapted based on seasonality, platform requirements and product updates or revisions.
Consumers also want to see more imagery of your product, typically over three images, before they make a purchase. 3D software such as imagine.io gives brands the ability to scale their content creation to meet the needs of their customers.
Engaging visuals, like high-resolution images, 360-degree product views, and zoom-in features, allow customers to better understand the product, examine its details, and assess its quality. Beyond a brick and mortar shop, it’s difficult for brands to truly show their customer the product and its benefits.
3D visualization is the main avenue brands can turn to to create the truly immersive shopping experience that online shoppers crave. Implementing immersive 3D technology like augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) or product configurators help shoppers customize your product to their liking and then envision that product and how it can fit into their day-to-day lives. Adding these features that go above and beyond not only enhance the overall shopping experience, but help customers to be uber confident in their purchase.
3D visuals are not only for your website. You can repurpose content and configurators across all your channels more efficiently and for less money than traditional content creation methods.
Why 3D for Bedding and Mattress Visuals
The integration of 3D technology in bedding and mattress design and manufacturing has brought countless advantages for brands in this space. 3D allows for the creation of detailed digital models, capturing size, shape, and structural components accurately. It also enables the simulation of physical properties of different bedding and mattress materials, facilitating realistic representations.
Virtual prototyping with 3D technology allows for rapid design iterations, saving time and resources compared to traditional physical prototypes with the added benefit of customization capabilities. The scalability of virtual prototyping using 3D:
- Allows for easy modification of designs for different sizes, styles, or variations.
- Provides brands with the flexibility to cater to diverse market segments without significant additional effort.
- Reduces the risk of costly errors and design flaws, enhancing the overall success rate of product development.
Collaboration and communication among designers, engineers, and stakeholders are streamlined by providing a shared platform for reviewing and discussing iterations and concepts. While 3D renderings and prototypes can be used for market analysis that helps in product positioning and market research.
Key Takeaways For Bedding And Mattresses Manufacturers
3D technology gives a competitive edge by:
- Streamlining the design and prototyping process.
- Improving product performance.
- Accelerating time-to-market.
On the use of 3D technology for Culp Home Fashions, Forrest Buck, Vice President of IT said “Not that long ago, salespeople leaving our offices for a business trip could barely get out the door because of the huge bags of fabric samples they had to carry. Even then, whenever we had to travel, we had to send additional boxes ahead to our destination because we couldn’t check enough bags.”
“Now, using the imagine.io platform, we have more customers coming to us to drive early innovation concepts,” Fulton said. “Customers are more apt to work with us in real time and the entire process has become so much more collaborative and efficient for everybody concerned.”